Unknown to a majority of people is that their mouths are the gateways to their general health. According to a recent study that was carried out by Mayo Clinic and published on the web, it was discovered that a number of oral conditions such as plaque accumulation can trigger cardiac ailment.
In addition to eating healthy and exercising on a daily basis, the other secret to ensuring a youthful age is dental hygiene. Missing, discolored, tattered and crooked teeth can make you seem old than your age. This is according to UCLA School of Dentistry.
Maintaining a childlike smile entails applying three artless, verified and practical procedures. These are:
- Brushing your teeth on a daily basis.
- Flossing your teeth on a daily basis.
- Visiting a dentist’s office at least once in every 6 months.
Listed below, are a number of dental tips for both adults and children which will aid you in maintaining high dental hygiene:
Oral health tips for adults
- Brush your teeth at least twice in a day (i.e. before breakfast and before going to bed).
- Using toothbrushes that have been approved by the ADA. ADA approved brushes are made from polished bristles, thus minimizing instance of gum injuries.
- Replacing toothbrushes at least once in every 4 months.
Oral Hygiene for children
Children too need to maintain their oral hygiene so as to keep diseases at bay. Listed below are dental hygiene tips for children:
- Toddlers’ gums should be wiped using sterile and dump linen. This ought to be done soon after feeding so as to prevent accumulation of plaque.
- As soon as toddlers’ teeth begin popping out, parents should start aiding and teaching them to brush their teeth.
As is the case with your weight, what you eat has a direct impact on the wellness of your teeth. For stronger and healthy teeth eat foods rich in calcium.
We are on a journalistic quest to find the truth!